At HIROC, we value research and innovative projects that drive healthcare safety. But we know this work demands time and resources. To that end, we searched high and low and tapped into our resources to launch the Safety Grants Program.
2019 Safety Grants Program
Theme: Preventing fetal/neonatal harm in the obstetrical-perinatal environment.
The 2019 call for proposals closed on October 4 at 5 p.m. EST. Thank you to all those who applied.
Of the 47 applications received, five HIROC subscribers have been named 2019 Safety Grant recipients. They are:
- Bluewater Health – Implementation of an Obstetrical Triage Acuity Tool to Ensure Safe, Effective and Timely Care
- Hôpital Montfort – Preventing Neonatal Harm by Reducing Rates of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) on Late Pre-term and Term Newborns
- Saskatchewan Health Authority – Implementation of moreOB Provincially: A Starting Point to Establishing a Standard of Care for Obstetrics
- Trillium Health Partners – Optimizing Obstetrical Safety and Patient Flow through the Labour Assessment Unit (LAU) by Implementing an Obstetrical Triage Acuity Scale
- William Osler Health System – Improving Obstetrical Outcomes and Departmental Culture through Simulation Exercises
More information can be found in the 2019 grant recipient announcement.
Please email email@example.com.
What is the Safety Grants Program?
The Safety Grants Program is an annual initiative created by The HIROC Foundation, providing funding support toward our subscribers’ innovative safety solutions. The program is funded through profits from our Brokerage – just another way that HIROC gives back to the healthcare system.
The Safety Grants Program aims to drive awareness to the need for greater agility and intelligence sharing within the healthcare environment.
All subscribers are encouraged to apply and begin funding projects improving the quality and safety of care happening in all healthcare facilities.
In 2018 the HIROC Foundation awarded a combined total of $120,000 to six HIROC subscribers.