Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted risk and safety advisor, offering a full spectrum of insurance products and risk management solutions to its partners in the health sector. Founded in 1987 with 52 subscribers, today they insure over 600 healthcare organizations. As a reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its subscribers and its services are continually evolving to meet the needs of a sector where change has become the norm. With their unique business model, HIROC is a differentiator in the health care insurance industry and remains as nimble and proactive today as when it was founded. HIROC’s philosophy is one of focused attention to customer service and unrelenting foresight and innovation that will enable it to meet the needs of its subscribers both today, and tomorrow. This is where you come in.
Reporting to the Lead, Accounting, the primary responsibility of the Accounts Receivable Analyst is to oversee receivables, billing and collections while ensuring accuracy and compliance to meet business needs.
Accounts receivable, Billing and Collections
- Generating customer invoices
- Generating customers statements
- Collection of accounts receivable - contacting customers to seek payment and monitor progress of payment
- Timely and effective escalation of collection issues
- Respond to inquiries from customers – internal and external
- Document collection efforts and related communication with customers in central database
- Collate and extract data from Great Plain to produce collection reports and statements
- Co-ordinate activity between Finance, Insurance Operations and Brokerage regarding invoicing, customer statements and escalated collection issues
- Process interface files between Great Plains and other applications
- Apply payments and credits in accounts receivable
- Create supporting spreadsheets for invoices.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable sub-ledgers to the general ledger
Bank Transactions Review and Entry
- Daily lock-box interface files processed
- Verification and posting of cash receipts
- Oversee and co-ordinate physical bank deposits (cheques and cash)
- Investigation and resolving bank discrepancies
- Entry of bank interest and bank fees
- Review, editing and uploading of payee match weekly files produced by payables team to Royal Bank interface
- Review of payee match daily interface for exception reporting and communicate with bank
Claims Defence Fund (CDF), Integrations and Accounts Payable
- BLG hours modification/uploading of file (Oasis) and clearing (Great Plains)
- Preparation of Excel files in the proper format for importing into applications.
- Collection of supporting documentation for quarterly reporting
- Sync file for CDF/HIROC
- Oversee scanning of bank statements, fees, interest statements and other finance documents by Finance Administrator
- Auditor Assistance
- Gathering back up for reinsurance requests
- Pulling backup files as needed
- Assist with organizing storage of finance files and shipping files offsite
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve and balance multiple priorities to ensure timelines are met
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Education, Training & Experience
- Completed post-secondary education and 3 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced MS Excel
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.