Whether you are new to a risk role or wish to increase your knowledge, capacity, and confidence – HIROC’s Risk Management Residency Program can help.
In 2021 HIROC launched a new pan-Canadian Risk Residency Program, co-designed by healthcare risk and safety specialists.
Participants learn from Risk Management, Patient Safety, Human Factors, Insurance, Claims, and Legal subject matter experts from across Canada on a variety of applied topics.
- provides an opportunity to learn from the shared experiences of others
- brings together a knowledgeable community of experts
By the end, learners will have built a network of peers from across Canada and gain confidence around navigating the intricacies of risk management in a healthcare environment.
Program alumni will also have the opportunity to become mentors for subsequent cohorts of learners. This ensures continued growth of knowledge and leadership skills – and creates a continuum of system capacity building and sustainability for an expert risk management community.
The Risk Management Residency Program—offered at no cost to HIROC Subscribers—applies a blended learning approach (online educational materials and opportunities for interaction) accompanied by mentorship and coaching.
2023/24 Risk Management Residency Program
- HIROC is accepting applications from May 15 to June 30, 2023.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent out mid-August.
- The 2023/24 program starts September 12, 2023, and runs until June 28, 2024.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
Attendees benefit from:
- Two-hour sessions every two weeks
- Variety of educational formats such as panel discussions and simulation exercises
- Peer-mentor pairing
- Risk management essentials
- Patient safety
- Human factors
- Privacy and cybersecurity
- Incident investigations
- Insurance-related topics e.g., liability, indemnity, etc.
- Claims management
- Legal topics e.g., consent and capacity, Mental Health Act, etc.
- Crisis management – emergency preparedness
Should you have any questions about the program, please contact email@example.com.
Call for Mentors
Mentoring is one of the cornerstones of the Risk Management Residency Program. If you’re interested in helping build a stronger risk management community to support our healthcare system; please direct your interest or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.