Whether you are new to a risk role or wish to increase your knowledge, capacity, and confidence – HIROC has a program for you.
In 2021 HIROC launched a new pan-Canadian Risk Residency Program, co-designed by healthcare risk and safety specialists.
Participants learn from risk management, patient safety, human factors, insurance, claims, and legal subject matter experts from across Canada on a variety of applied topics.
This program provides an opportunity to learn from the shared experiences of others, and brings together a knowledgeable community of experts. By the end, learners will have built a network of peers from across Canada and gained confidence on navigating the intricacies of risk management in a healthcare environment.
The Risk Management Residency Program—offered at no cost to HIROC Subscribers—applies a blended learning approach (online educational materials and opportunities for interaction) accompanied by mentorship and coaching.
Call for Applications 2022/23
- Application opens: Monday, May 16, 2022
- Application deadline: Friday, June 30 at 5 p.m. ET
- Program starts: September 2022
- Program ends: June 30, 2023
Call for Mentors
Mentoring is one of the cornerstones of the Risk Management Residency Program. If you’re interested in helping build a stronger risk management community to support our healthcare system, please direct your interest or questions to email@example.com.
What to Expect
Attendees benefit from:
- Two-hour sessions every two weeks
- Variety of educational formats such as panel discussions and simulation exercises
- Peer-mentor pairing
- Risk management essentials
- Patient safety
- Human factors
- Privacy and cybersecurity
- Incident investigations
- Insurance-related topics e.g., liability, indemnity, etc.
- Claims Management
- Legal topics e.g., consent and capacity, Mental Health Act, etc.
- Crisis management – emergency preparedness
Should you have any questions about the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.