What is Integrated Risk Management (IRM)?
IRM: a continuous, proactive, systematic approach to identifying, assessing, understanding, acting on, and communicating risk from an organization-wide, aggregate perspective.
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, 2010
IRM Risk Register Annual Report
HIROC's Approach to IRM
Together with a national steering committee of risk managers from leading healthcare organizations, HIROC created a standardized, evidence-based, effective and efficient approach to IRM.
"At no cost to subscribers, it's clear that HIROC recognizes the value of Integrated Risk Management."
– John Wren, Pembroke Regional Hospital
HIROC’s IRM program includes a suite of tools and resources. These include:
- HIROC’s IRM Guide (Login Required)
- Risk Register Application (Login Required)
- Taxonomy of Healthcare Organizational Risks:
HIROC subscribers are also supported through remote and in-person support, consultation with peer experts, including members of the IRM Advisory Group. A number of self-service resources are also available. These include:
- Simplified/Evidence-based Implementation Process
- Pitfalls and Leading Practices in ERM/IRM
- Risk Register Excel Worksheet (Login Required)
- IRM Policy Template
- Risk Profiles
- Risk Rating Card
- Quarterly Community of Practice newsletters
- IRM/Risk Register Community of Practice webinars
- Risk Register Training Video (Login Required)
- Risk Register User Guide (Login Required)
- Risk Register Reports User Guide (Login Required)
- Service Level Agreement (Login Required)
- Terms and Conditions (Login Required)
For further details and to access all associated resources, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.