The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700+ healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer five years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
Reporting to the Lead, Underwriting, the primary responsibility of the Underwriter is to manage subscriber coverage and underwriting needs and inquires, while ensuring compliance and meeting business requirements.
- Remain up to date on the HIROC policy wording and coverage implications.
- Provide guidance and support to the Insurance Services team and other departments with respect to the HIROC coverage.
- Support Subscribers on matters such as coverage determinations, contract reviews, indemnity provisions, etc.
- Analyze and assess new business opportunities, and determine premium for liability, crime and property insurance according to underwriting guidelines.
- Review and prepare endorsements for Subscribers according to underwriting guidelines and rating methodology.
- Review and analyze any changes in operations, claims experience, etc. for Subscribers on renewal, and provide recommendations on premium allocation.
- As needed, review and make recommendations for new business and renewal applications/surveys.
- Work with Client Systems & Reporting team to understand underwriting and coding information required for the issuance of new business, policy changes and other transactions.
- Work with Client Services team and other departments to streamline workflows and processes.
- Provide guidance to Client Services team and other departments for documentation issues (e.g. certificates of insurance).
- Participate in HIROC’s Coverage Review Committee to ensure that the HIROC policy remains competitive and responsive to Subscribers’ needs.
- As required, prepare information requested by actuaries, reinsurers, and other external stakeholders.
- Keep up-to-date with market conditions, attend insurance and healthcare industry seminars, and stay informed on issues related to HIROC's market.
- Participate in initiatives that promote better management of health care issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- A proven track record in customer service coupled with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem-solving and decision making
- An interest in personal development and eagerness to learn new things
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Presentation skills
Education, Training & Experience
- Completed post-secondary education at the Bachelor level and 3-5 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference would be given to applicants with property underwriting experience.
- Insurance industry designations, or working towards, such as CIP/FCIP, CRM, RPLU.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.