- University Degree or equivalent
- Preferred candidate would have, or be working towards insurance industry designations such as CIP/FCIP, CRM, RPLU.
Minimum 5 years of working experience
Skills and Attributes Required
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as team member
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of employees and subscribers
- Excellent verbal, written, oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and learning skills
- Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Tools, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Duties and Responsibilities
Major Job Area: Act as subject matter expert on HIROC Policy and be available to answer complex queries.
- Remain up to date on the HIROC policy wording and coverage implications
- Provide guidance and support to the Insurance Services team and other departments with respect to the HIROC coverage
- Support Subscribers on complex matters such as coverage determinations, contract reviews, indemnity provisions, etc.
- Liaise with HIROC’s Claims team on new and outstanding claims, and provide advocacy when required.
- Communicate to staff members any changes to the HIROC policy or underwriting procedures
Major Job Area: Underwriting new business, renewals, and endorsements
- Analyze and assess new business opportunities, and determine premium for liability, crime and property insurance according to underwriting guidelines.
- Review and prepare endorsements for Subscribers according to underwriting guidelines. As needed, review and prepare manuscript wordings under the guidance of the Underwriting Supervisor.
- Review and analyze any changes in operations, claims experience, etc. for Subscribers on renewal, and provide recommendations on premium allocation.
- As needed, review and make recommendations for new business and renewal applications/surveys
- Provide guidance and support to junior staff
Major Job Area: Provide instructions to back-office teams to process policy changes and new business
- Work with Supervisor, Client Services to understand underwriting and coding information required for the issuance of new policies.
- Provide the Client Services team with the appropriate documentation to process policy changes and new business transactions.
- Work with Client Services team and other departments to streamline workflows and processes.
- Provide guidance to Client Services team and other departments for documentation issues (e.g. certificates of insurance)
Major Job Area: Review policy wording, coverage implications, and rating methodologies
- Participate in HIROC’s Coverage Review Committee to ensure that the HIROC policy remains competitive and responsive to Subscribers’ needs.
- Work with staff and external coverage counsel to recommend updates and modify HIROC policy as needed.
- Participate in drafting revised policy wordings under the guidance of the Underwriting Supervisor.
- Review and recommend updates to rating methodologies and underwriting practices under the guidance of the Underwriting Supervisor to ensure they are competitive and appropriate.
Major Job Area: Consult with external stakeholders (actuaries, reinsurers, etc.)
- As required, prepare information requested by actuaries, reinsurers, and other external stakeholders.
- Participate in discussions with actuaries and assist Underwriting Supervisor with renewal negotiations as needed.
Major Job Area: Participate in industry initiatives.
- Keep up-to-date with market conditions, attend insurance and healthcare industry seminars, and stay informed on issues related to HIROC's market.
- Participate in initiatives that promote better management of health care issues.
Hours of Work
Normal office environment. Working at computer for most of the day.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.