The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700 healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer five years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
The Senior Analytics Specialist plays a key role in transforming HIROC’s data into information and knowledge. They lead the delivery of high-quality analytics products, such as reports, dashboards and data models. The Senior Data Analyst has broad and deep relationships with business stakeholders, enabling them to understand and anticipate the information needs of HIROC’s staff and subscribers, and owns the end-to-end analytics lifecycle to ensure those needs are consistently met or exceeded.
- Work across the analytics lifecycle to analyze, design, build, test, implement and maintain robust analytics products, including reports, dashboards and self-service data models
- Lead definition and documentation of business requirements for analytics deliverables, ensuring internal and external stakeholder needs are understood in depth
- Ensure the needs of stakeholders are met or exceeded with regards to reporting, dashboards, ad- hoc analyses and data-driven decisions
- Apply design principles and extensive data analytics expertise to select the right approaches to meet business intelligence needs, such as tabular reports, data visualizations, interactive dashboards and data algorithms
- Manage and respond to ad-hoc requests and inquiries regarding reports and dashboards
- Participate in and contribute to a data governance strategy to advance the use and impact of HIROC’s data assets
- Ensure data assets at HIROC are managed in a secure manner, adhering to security and privacy requirements
- Maintains current knowledge about analytical techniques, statistical and data visualization software, health systems research, and stakeholder information needs.
- Mentor and guide other members of the team in Analytics tasks
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced mastery of business intelligence and reporting platforms (Power BI, SSRS)
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining semantic data models (SSAS, BusinessObjects)
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with using relational databases and data warehouses (Microsoft SQL, Oracle)
- A proven track record of designing, developing, delivering and maintaining high-quality reports, dashboards and key performance indicators that drive business success
- Experience with building and maintaining self-service analytics environments for diverse business audiences
- Strong knowledge of data management fundamentals and data governance principles
- Experience with a broad range of analytical and statistical techniques and methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to answer business questions by applying appropriate analytical techniques
- Strong customer focus and ability to form broad stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain technical terms to non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with big data and cloud technologies is a plus
- Excellent task management skills, well organized and able to meet deadlines, scheduling
- Healthcare and/or insurance industry experience is preferred
Education, Training & Experience
- To be successful in this role, you will possess a University degree in the field of Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related data-driven discipline.
- Most importantly, you are an enthusiastic and creative thinker, who is constantly driving performance improvement and are passionate about creating the safest health care system possible for Canadians.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.