Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted safety advisor, offering a full spectrum of insurance products and risk management solutions to its partners in the health sector. Founded in 1987 with 52 subscribers, today they insure over 600 healthcare organizations. As a reciprocal, HIROC is owned and governed entirely by its subscribers and their services are continually evolving to meet the needs of a sector where change has become the norm. With a unique business model, HIROC is a differentiator in the healthcare insurance industry and remains as nimble and proactive today as when they were founded. HIROC’s philosophy is one of unrelenting foresight and innovation that will enable it to meet the needs of its subscribers both today, and tomorrow. This is where you come in.
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Operations, the primary responsibility of the Procurement and Facilities Specialist is to oversee purchasing policies and procedures to meet business needs and ensure sound financial controls.
Procurement and Purchasing
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures to meet business needs and ensure sound financial controls
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Advise management on important procurement, purchasing, and inventory matters
- Gather requirements, develop specifications for hardware, software, equipment, supplies or services
- Prepare and administer bids, requests for quote, requests for proposal, requests for information, statement of work (SOW) and other vendor documentation
- Sourcing, negotiation, contracting & executing agreements
- Identify vendors, evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Draft vendor agreements
- Manage service level agreements, scope of work, and contract terms with service providers
- Maintain a repository of all vendor agreements
- Continuous review of vendor agreements and markets in order to source the most optimal suppliers, in accordance with corporate objectives
- Place purchase orders
- Establish delivery schedules, inspect deliveries, monitor progress and contact suppliers to resolve issues
- Work with Accounts Payable staff to arrange for payments to vendors for products or services procured
- Capital asset inventory, i.e. hardware, software, equipment
- Managing purchasing related projects
- Process improvements and process expertise for procurement
- Prepare purchasing budgets, budget to actual monitoring
- Primary contact with landlord
- Oversee upkeep and maintenance of office space
- Oversee cleaning, waste disposal, disposal of retired hardware and equipment
- Oversee physical office security
- Oversee office equipment – ensure printers, audio-video equipment, etc. is in good working order, liaise with vendors when needed
- Oversee office repairs and renovations
- Arrange purchasing of office supplies and kitchen supplies
- Main contact for after-hours support calls from security and building managemen
- Assist Finance department with ad hoc duties
- Participate in projects
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience purchasing IT hardware and software
- Knowledge of applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices
- Drafting vendor agreements
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with departments and key business partners
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Education, Training & Experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) designation or PMAC
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.