Procurement and Facilities Specialist
Director, Finance and Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) designation or PMAC
5 years of work experience
Skills and Attributes Required
- Experience purchasing IT hardware and software
- Knowledge of applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices
- Drafting vendor agreements
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with departments and key business partners
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Procurement and Purchasing
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures to meet business needs and ensure sound financial controls
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Advise management on important procurement, purchasing, and inventory matters
- Gather requirements, develop specifications for hardware, software, equipment, supplies or services
- Prepare and administer bids, requests for quote, requests for proposal, requests for information, statement of work (SOW) and other vendor documentation
- Sourcing, negotiation, contracting & executing agreements
- Identify vendors, evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Draft vendor agreements
- Manage service level agreements, scope of work, and contract terms with service providers
- Maintain a repository of all vendor agreements
- Continuous review of vendor agreements and markets in order to source the most optimal suppliers, in accordance with corporate objectives
- Place purchase orders
- Establish delivery schedules, inspect deliveries, monitor progress and contact suppliers to resolve issues
- Work with Accounts Payable staff to arrange for payments to vendors for products or services procured
- Capital asset inventory, i.e. hardware, software, equipment
- Managing purchasing related projects
- Process improvements and process expertise for procurement
- Prepare purchasing budgets, budget to actual monitoring
- Primary contact with landlord
- Oversee upkeep and maintenance of office space
- Oversee cleaning, waste disposal, disposal of retired hardware and equipment
- Oversee physical office security
- Oversee office equipment – ensure printers, audio-video equipment, etc. is in good working order, liaise with vendors when needed
- Oversee office repairs and renovations
- Arrange purchasing of office supplies and kitchen supplies
- Main contact for after-hours support calls from security and building management
- Assist Finance department with ad hoc duties
- Participate in projects
Hours of Work
Normal working conditions in an office setting
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.