The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700+ healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer five years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
- Process full-cycle semi-monthly payroll for hourly, salaried and contract employees
- Manage and process all payroll deductions i.e. garnishments, remittance of statutory deductions
- Respond to payroll-related inquiries from employees and generate payroll reports as required.
- Support the annual compensation review and adjustment process, as required
- Administer Year-end preparation & processes, including collecting information, reconciling taxable benefits and reconciliation of T4’s and T4A’s.
- Prepare and balance monthly payroll journal entry and General Ledger accounts
- Work in conjunction with HR Generalist and Director, People & Organization to ensure team member records are accurate and up to date;
- Ensures integrity of the payroll system through ongoing quality improvement, auditing, testing and education to end-users.
- Builds capacity within Human Resource team and Management team by providing expert advice and roll-out of relevant education on process and legislative updates and changes; and
- Such other payroll responsibilities as may arise and are assigned.
- Review and reconcile monthly group benefit premium statements, ensure rates updated as required.
- Reconcile Group Benefit provider invoices and appropriate premium deduction
- Act as a vendor point of contact for all benefits and pension platforms.
- Respond to general inquiries related to benefit programs.
- Laisse with vendors to provide education on retirement planning; wellness initiatives etc.
- Enter and update benefits information as required for full-cycle administration from hire to termination.
- Generate defined benefit annual pension statements, update the pension system as required
- Reconcile DB pension contribution additions/changes between HOOPP and Ceridian Dayforce (and other applicable providers and systems as may arise) and investigate and reconcile discrepancies;
- Such other benefits-related responsibilities as may arise and are assigned.
Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Applies a pro-active approach to the review of ongoing Ceridian Dayforce or applicable HRIS systems product releases and upgrades which entail analysis, testing of functionality, reporting elements and training to users.
- Manages HR data including building and running reports and queries.
- Accountable for the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of Dayforce HCM or other applicable HRIS and mobile app processes with human resources team to optimize end-user experience.
- Troubleshoot for employees and people leaders to resolve application issues and on pay and benefits matters.
- Implementation of new HRIS modules as may become applicable.
- Ensures data quality, integrity, accuracy and storage by performing updates to org structure, jobs and positions in consultation with HR Generalist and Director, People and Organization; and
- Such other HRIS related responsibilities as may arise and are assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed and prioritize work with a professional demeanour.
- Demonstrated customer service, communication and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Well organized, good time management skills and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment and eager to learn new skills.
- Excellent computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office, HRIS and Benefit and Pension Administration Systems.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Education, Training & Experience
- Completion or enrolment with imminent completion in CPA Payroll Compliance Practitioner Program
- Completion of Post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate or combination of relevant experience and education.
- Minimum of 5 years payroll and benefits experience,
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of HRIS experience (Ceridian Dayforce experience considered an asset)
- Previous work experience in implementation and modification of HRIS system modules
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.