Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted risk and safety advisor, offering a full spectrum of insurance products and risk management solutions to its partners in the health sector. Founded in 1987 with 52 Subscribers, today they insure over 600 healthcare organizations. As a reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and its services are continually evolving to meet the needs of a sector where change has become the norm. With their unique business model, HIROC is a differentiator in the health care insurance industry and remains as nimble and proactive today as when it was founded. HIROC’s philosophy is one of focused attention to customer service and unrelenting foresight and innovation that will enable it to meet the needs of its Subscribers both today, and tomorrow. This is where you come in.
The Lead, Analytics’ primary responsibility is to oversee HIROC’s Analytics operations, ensuring activities are aligned with our strategic plan and business objectives. The role will lead a team responsible for data governance, data warehousing, business intelligence and advanced analytics, and will provide operational leadership of the Enterprise Analytics Strategy for HIROC.
- Oversee the execution and implementation of an Enterprise Analytics Strategy, including advanced analytics capabilities to drive insights and decision-making, both internally and externally for our subscribers.
- Work alongside the Privacy & Compliance Officer and Infrastructure Lead to ensure the security and privacy of HIROC’s sensitive data and ensure business continuity.
- Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, deploy, and support all aspects of business intelligence for the organization and drive automation where possible, and support cost-effective technology for all analytics needs of the organization.
- Coach, lead and mentor a team, including data engineers, business intelligence analysts and external vendors and partners engaged in analytics projects.
- Develop plans, roadmaps and business cases regarding the acquisition of data and analytics assets and technology.
- Lead a team that helps address key business challenges via analytical work, from requirements specification, data gathering, analysis and model building to presentations and adoption.
- Oversee the process for intake, prioritization and resourcing of analytics work within the organization, including new reports and dashboards and advanced analytics projects.
- Analyze data science news and trends to discover and test innovative and creative ways to solve business challenges.
- Promote HIROC’s thought leadership and expertise through knowledge dissemination, including but not limited to HIROC’s website, publications, presentations, posters, abstracts and conferences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong skills in planning and operationalizing complex projects and achieving results;
- Strong staff development, coaching and mentoring skills;
- An innovative and creative thinker who is open to different approaches to resolve issues;
- Strong familiarity with data analysis and data science tools and approaches, including descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive techniques.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to apply principles of logic and scientific thinking to a wide range of problems;
- Proven leadership skills including financial planning, human resources management, organizational development and customer service;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to a wide range of stakeholders.
Education, Training and Experience
- To be successful in this role, you will possess a University degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems as well as professional experience that includes six to eight years, working at a leadership level, developing and implementing analytics strategies and technologies.
- You possess advanced technology knowledge, including current network and operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Experience with data modeling, integration, architecture, analysis and data science including big data analytics.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft suite of data products and services, including Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS Tabular Models, SSRS, Power BI and Azure SQL Databases.
- Most importantly, you are an enthusiastic and creative thinker, who is constantly driving performance improvement and are passionate about creating the safest health care system possible for Canadians.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.