The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700 healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer for six years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
- Manage all aspects of help-desk reported issues, including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up.
- Provide support to end-users with regards to operating systems, applications, IT hardware, telephone and mobile devices.
- Implement components of the ITIL framework that are aligned and relevant to HIROC’s business operations.
- Identify and resolve desktop issues to maintain services, enhance capabilities and prevent system outages, including connectivity to HIROC’s network infrastructure.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to HIROC’s SLA and Standards & Guidelines.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Responsible for managing HIROC’s software and hardware assets.
- Provision new IT hardware for employees in accordance with checklist requirements and all security policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills – clear communication about goals, responsibility, performance, expectations and feedback.
- High regard for quality, attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic can-do attitude.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Excellent task management skills. Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent foresight skills – able to anticipate and respond to issues that may jeopardize deadlines, budgets, scope.
- Able to set, observe and re-evaluate project priorities frequently.
- Excellent writing skills to create business cases, charters, presentations.
- High degree of resourcefulness and willingness to take initiative.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Enjoys a variety of work.
- Ability to form good working relationships.
- Aptitude to learn and adapt to new software and IT systems.
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes (certification is a plus)
- Proficient with tools and technologies such as:
- Ticketing and asset management systems
- Desktop applications support (Windows 10 OS, Adobe, WebEx, Office Suite)
- Systems management (laptops, desktops, mobile)
- Virtual desktops environment (VMWare Horizon)
- Automated deployment tools (SCCM)
- Security systems (Endpoint Protection, Remediation)
- Experienced using Office 365 software suites at application and administration support level
- Microsoft Active Directory administration skills
Education, Training & Experience
- To be successful in this role, you will possess College or University degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- 3 years of work experience.
- Most importantly, you are an enthusiastic and creative thinker, who is constantly driving performance improvement and are passionate about creating the safest health care system possible for Canadians.
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid medical exemption or a valid exemption based on enumerated grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. All internal candidates must be in compliance with HIROC's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.