The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700+ healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique:
partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer five years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
Reporting to the Director, Healthcare Safety and Risk Management, the primary responsibility of the Healthcare Safety and Risk Management Coordinator is to support subscribers with risk management and patient safety resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tools and Resource Development and Support
- Act as a primary resource for Subscribers participating on the Risk Assessment Checklist Program and the Risk Register (i.e. coordinating invitations, demonstrations, account setup, trouble shooting, preparing congratulatory emails and liaising with Insurance Services for the Risk Assessment Checklist premium discount.
- Coordinate and prepare Subscriber RAC reports.
- Provide platform support for Risk Register and Risk Assessment Checklist program.
- Compile resources, claims data, etc. to support the development/maintenance of Risk Reference Sheets and other resource documents.
- Convert data and text into predefined templates (e.g. Word templates).
Quality Assurance, Analysis and Preparation of Reports, Partnership Program Administration
- Compile liability and property claims analysis reports and incorporate results into appropriate formats (e.g. graphs, charts and presentations) as requested Healthcare Safety and Risk Management (HSRM) team.
- Conduct quality checks/testing to ensure data accuracy.
- Analyze data using various software tools.
- Support the Healthcare Safety and Risk Management team in the development of risk management reports.
- Partnership Program support includes scheduling, data SWAT team support and preparation/delivery of final Partnership Program report.
- Manage HSRM Department general inquiry emails.
- Manage, moderate and act as resource for Subscribers for the collaborative platform.
- Contribute to the department planning.
- Participate in ongoing educational opportunities.
- Participate in ad hoc HSRM department and HIROC projects, initiatives and committees.
- Act as a resource to Subscribers regarding access to HIROC’s report portal.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Abilities
- High regard for quality control and attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Excellent Critical thinking skills
- Good time management skills, well organized and able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in computer skills with special emphasis on the Microsoft Office suite of tools, specifically Excel and pivot tables.
- Willing to demonstrate initiative and interest in learning opportunities.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills, including delivering presentations.
- Excellent customer (both internal and external) service skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent team player with good communication and interpersonal as well customer service skills.
- Minimum university degree at the bachelor level or equally relevant work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in healthcare, government, or academia with an emphasis on risk management, safety, or population health.
- Experience in a healthcare clinical environment would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills, writing skills, attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite of tools, with particular emphasis on excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Hybrid work model
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid medical exemption or a valid exemption based on enumerated grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. All internal candidates must be in compliance with HIROC's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.