The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700+ healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer five years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
Reporting to the Lead, Western Office, the primary responsibility of the Healthcare Risk Management Coordinator is to support subscribers with risk management and patient safety resources.
- Compile liability analysis reports and incorporate results into appropriate formats (e.g. graphs, charts and PPT) for Subscribers and HIROC staff.
- Conduct quality checks/testing to ensure data accuracy.
- Act as a resource to Subscribers and HIROC staff regarding HIROC’s report portal.
- Compile resources, claim data, etc. to support the development/maintenance of Risk Reference Sheets, Risk Notes, Tools and Resource document and other tools.
- Convert data and text into predefined templates (e.g. Word templates).
- Act as a primary resource for Subscribers (i.e. coordinating invitations, demonstrations, account setup, trouble shooting, preparing congratulatory emails and requesting premium discount as required) for the Risk Assessment Checklists (RAC).
- Coordinate and prepare reviews of RAC submissions.
- Provide Integrated Risk Management - Risk Register tool support.
- Provide Risk Register Demos.
- Support and act as a resource to the Healthcare Safety and Risk Management department for conferences and webinars.
- Manage, moderate and act as resource for Subscribers and HIROC for the CHRMN listserv (including arranging payment for monthly invoices).
- Manage Healthcare Safety and Risk Management Department general inquiry emails.
- Coordinate abstract submission process.
- Contribute to the department planning.
- Participate in ongoing educational opportunities.
- Participate in ad hoc projects, initiatives and committees.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High regard for quality control and attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Good time management skills, well organized and able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in computer skills with special emphasis on the Microsoft Office suite of tools, specifically Excel and pivot tables.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Willing to demonstrate initiative and interest in learning opportunities.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills, including delivering presentations.
- Excellent customer (both internal and external) service skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees (staff thru executive).
Education, Training & Experience
- University Degree/College Diploma.
- Advanced Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and pivot tables.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in healthcare with an emphasis on risk management/patient safety.
- Experience in a healthcare clinical environment would be considered an asset.
- An enthusiastic and creative thinker, who is constantly driving performance improvement and is passionate about creating the safest health care system possible for Canadians.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.