Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted safety advisor, offering a full spectrum of insurance products and risk management solutions to its partners in the health sector. Founded in 1987 with 52 subscribers, today they insure over 600 healthcare organizations. As a reciprocal, HIROC is owned and governed entirely by its subscribers and their services are continually evolving to meet the needs of a sector where change has become the norm. With a unique business model, HIROC is a differentiator in the healthcare insurance industry and remains as nimble and proactive today as when they were founded. HIROC’s philosophy is one of unrelenting foresight and innovation that will enable it to meet the needs of its subscribers both today, and tomorrow. This is where you come in.
Reporting to the Vice President, Performance Excellence and Information Services, the Director, Information Services and Advanced Analytics’ primary responsibility is to oversee the operations of the department and to ensure that its activities align with the business objectives of the organization. The role will oversee and lead Information Services teams and will, together with other leaders, provide the operational leadership of the Information Services strategy for HIROC.
Information Services and Advanced Analytics is comprised of:
Infrastructure and Service Management Team
The Director will lead in developing and managing the Technology Strategy leading to the fulfillment of HIROC's objectives of enhancing the collection and use of HIROC’s data, streamlining technology, advising and guiding business relationship management with vendors, security, data solutions, quality assurance, and the enhancement of enterprise data functioning.The Director will also advise on IT architecture required, data integration methods and processes, and application development to support the Technology Strategy.
Enterprise Analytics Team
The Director will lead the design and implementation of the Data Plan including building and deploying data capabilities to integrate, engineer and share data, and create reporting capabilities to analyze and visualize data. The Director will also oversee the development, design and deployment of an Enterprise Analytics Plan, including advanced analytics capabilities to drive insights and decision-making both internally and externally for our subscribers. The role will work alongside the Privacy and Compliance Officer to ensure the security and privacy of HIROC’s sensitive data.
The Director will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, deploy, and support all aspects of reporting for the organization and drive automation where possible, support cost-effective technology, business systems, applications, and data warehouse for all aspects of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Senior-level leadership skills including financial planning, human resources management, organizational development and customer service
- Strong staff development, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong skills in planning and operationalizing complex projects and achieving results
- An innovative and creative thinker who is open to different approaches to resolve issues
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply principles of logic and scientific thinking to a wide range of problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to a wide range of stakeholders
Education, Training and Experience
- To be successful in this role, you will possess a University degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems as well as professional experience that includes eight to ten years, working at a senior leadership level, developing and implementing new strategies and technology
- You possess advanced technology knowledge, including current network and operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards
- Experience with data modeling, architecture, analysis and data science including big data analytics
- Most importantly, you are an enthusiastic and creative thinker, who is constantly driving performance improvement and are passionate about creating the safest healthcare system possible for Canadians
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.