The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700 healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer five years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
The Digital Platforms Specialist is a pivotal role in the Performance Excellence and Information Services (PE&IS) department, helping drive innovative efforts at HIROC in support of our staff and subscribers. The Digital Platforms Specialist is responsible for spearheading projects and improvements on HIROC’s digital platforms in support of sustained value for the business and for HIROC’s subscribers. This role requires exceptional skills in digital project management, technical troubleshooting, problem-solving, relationship building and communication. The Digital Platforms Specialist will work closely with other teams within the PE&IS department as well as stakeholders across the organization to ensure the successful ideation, fulfilment, and delivery of major organizational initiatives.
- Lead and contribute to a variety of challenging and stimulating multi-disciplinary web- and digital-related projects, including scope definition, insights gathering, in-depth research, business case development, and stakeholder adoption.
- Lead a wide range of improvement initiatives on HIROC’s digital platforms, including service enhancements, functionality upgrades, accessibility audits and incident management as required.
- Innovate on and extend the value that HIROC’s website brings to internal stakeholders and HIROC’s subscribers. Identify opportunities for HIROC to further leverage digital tools and technology to enhance and transform business processes in support of its strategic plan.
- Facilitate working sessions with stakeholders to develop meaningful solutions to business problems.
- Establish and maintain relationships across all business units, to serve as a trusted partner in project and program delivery.
- Conduct environmental scans, and other research methods to sharpen our organizational expertise on key topic areas.
- Support the spread of insights to users through relevant, meaningful and creative means, including through innovative methods using the HIROC website.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization in identifying and communicating key improvements for stakeholder groups.
- Support the development of business cases, briefing notes to ensure effective and efficient communication with senior stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong skills in planning and operationalizing complex projects and achieving results;
- Strong skills in website incident management, service management, and troubleshooting;
- An innovative and creative thinker who is open to different approaches to resolve issues;
- The ability to lead multiple, concurrent and complex initiatives to drive stakeholder value;
- Excellent knowledge of innovation methodologies including but not limited to Design Thinking, Agile, Business Innovation, Innovation Management and related approaches;
- Outstanding facilitation skills, and the ability to customize approaches for different problems and approaches;
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams;
- Knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system, including familiarity with the acute care, long-term care, rehabilitation or chronic care, mental health & addictions, or midwifery care settings;
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills;
- A self-starter who is motivated to make meaningful changes to improve patient safety in the Canadian healthcare system;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to a wide range of stakeholders.
Education, Training & Experience
- A University degree preferably in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Professional experience that includes at least five years in digital project management, leading complex projects, facilitation, and process and workflow design.
- At least five years’ experience in website incident management, service management and troubleshooting.
- You are an enthusiastic and creative thinker, who is constantly driving performance improvement and are passionate about creating the safest health care system possible for Canadians.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.