HIROC (Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada) is the leading provider of healthcare liability insurance and risk management services for not-for-profit healthcare entities and professionals in Canada. As a trusted, diverse, inclusive, dynamic and innovative healthcare safety advisor, HIROC, through its Reciprocal, full-service brokerage, Foundation and other associated entities (HIROC Group), provides its Subscribers with a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and supports. HIROC knows healthcare through its commitment to shared learning and through its role as the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its Subscribers and partners to increase safety.
Since its inception in 1987, HIROC has grown from under 50 Subscribers to more than 700 healthcare entities and their associated sites and healthcare professionals in Canada. Committed to sound financial management and service to its Subscribers, HIROC has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data and associated analytical capacity combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Every person joining HIROC has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers and their colleagues in the Reciprocal. As a Top 100 GTA Employer seven years running, HIROC employees enjoy competitive compensation including world leading benefits programs and are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to our Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
The HIROC story is powerful and unique; everything we do at HIROC revolves around our vision of partnering to create the safest healthcare system. Do you want an opportunity to build your expertise through a meaningful and impactful project while making a difference? If so, we encourage you to apply to our program.
You will learn from an award-winning communications and marketing team and have the ability to apply your lens in support of HIROC’s strategic plan.
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Marketing, HIROC’s Communications and Marketing Student will create compelling materials for both internal and external audiences.
- Analyzing data and thinking critically to uncover insights that will help influence business decisions
- Supporting an external initiative centered around knowledge sharing
- Developing, planning, executing, and measuring staff engagement initiatives and stories
- Using HIROC’s intranet platform and leveraging other social media platforms
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possesses natural leadership and business skills, demonstrated in academic and/or extracurricular activities
- Possesses the tenacity and entrepreneurial spirit, and are passionate about seeking solutions
- Strong analytical skills, and critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that will enable you to thrive in a challenging and exciting work environment
- Results orientated, with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, and a collaborative nature
- Demonstrates initiative, innovation and creativity
- Desire to keep with evolving marketing trends through personal learning, in addition to having an innate curiosity and willingness to evolve
- Has a strong interest in campaigns, writing, social media and analytics
Education, Training & Experience
- Currently enrolled in a relevant post-secondary program, such as communications, marketing, design, business/commerce, or a related field
- Strong computer skills, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suites, Canva an asset
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid medical exemption or a valid exemption based on enumerated grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. All internal candidates must be in compliance with HIROC's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.