The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700+ healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile, and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s 35 years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer seven years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
Reporting to the Lead, Client Systems and Reporting, the Client Systems Associate’s primary responsibility is to support tasks on department enterprise systems.
- Maintain and complete tasks on department enterprise systems including OASIS, ImageRight, eApp/Info Update, KwikTag, CRM, and other corporate systems
- Enter new business information/data into enterprise systems and ensure accuracy of client information
- Creates abeyances for Account Associates to follow-up with Subscribers
- Produce notice of new Subscriber and other policy changes for all staff
- Validates policy renewal premium/coverages in database system for Liability and Non liability policies
- Assist with EDI import from various sources
- Prepare appropriate mid-term policy endorsements
- Compile information for various reporting requirements (board, senior leadership)
- Understand and identify ways to streamline internal processes
- Maintain the OASIS Processes Guide
- Support system upgrades with User Acceptance Testing
- Take action and be resolution oriented to solve issues
- Engage with staff to identify reporting needs, collect requirements, validate output
- Update various departmental spreadsheets
- Participate in corporate projects/initiatives as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Client Systems oriented
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to take a holistic approach and understand the bigger picture; how different systems communicate and work together
- Understanding how information is updated and its impact on other modules
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate computer proficiency with a special emphasis on broker management systems, documentation systems and other enterprise level programs
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in sensitive and confidential situations
- Well-developed analytical skills
- An enthusiastic and creative thinker, who is constantly driving process improvement and is passionate about creating the safest health care system possible for Canadians
Education, Training & Experience
- Completed post-secondary degree/college diploma
- Insurance courses an asset
- 5 years’ work experience in an administrative role
- Experience with policy systems and maintenance of electronic files required
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid medical exemption or a valid exemption based on enumerated grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. All internal candidates must be in compliance with HIROC's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to fostering a climate of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. HIROC respects the diversity of all members of its community and welcomes applications from those who have demonstrated a commitment to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion. Applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, those who identify as women, 2SLGBTQ+, individuals who self-identify on the basis of any of the protected grounds under the Human Rights Code and/or others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas within its community are encouraged. HIROC is committed to fair assessment of a candidate’s abilities, and consideration for diversity of thought, method, and experience, including non-traditional career paths.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including its participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter its premises, access its information, or use its services. As an organization, HIROC respects and upholds the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that HIROC offers a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.