The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700+ healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer five years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
Reporting to the Lead, Client Systems and Reporting, the Client Systems Associate’s primary responsibility is to support tasks on department enterprise systems.
- Maintain and complete tasks on department enterprise systems including Oasis (CIS), ImageRight, eApp/Info Update, KwikTag and other corporate systems
- Enter new business information/data into enterprise systems and ensure accuracy of client information
- Create abeyances for Account Associates to follow-up with Subscribers
- Produce notice of new Subscriber and other policy changes for all staff
- Enter policy renewal premium into database system for Liability and Non-liability policies and assist with collating documents for mailing
- Assist with EDI import from various sources
- Prepare appropriate mid-term policy endorsements as required
- Compile information for various reporting requirements (board, senior leadership)
- Understand and identify ways to streamline internal processes
- Maintain the OASIS Processes Guide
- Support system upgrades with User Acceptance Testing
- Take action and be resolution oriented to solve issues
- Engage with staff to identify reporting needs, collect requirements, validate output
- Update various departmental spreadsheets
- Participate in corporate projects/initiatives as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Client Systems oriented.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to take a holistic approach and understand the bigger picture; how different systems communicate and work together.
- Understanding how information is updated and its impact on other modules.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate computer proficiency with a special emphasis on broker management systems, documentation systems and other enterprise-level programs.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in sensitive and confidential situations.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- An enthusiastic and creative thinker, who is constantly driving process improvement and is passionate about creating the safest health care system possible for Canadians.
Education, Training & Experience
- Completed post-secondary degree/college diploma
- Insurance courses an asset
- 5 years’ work experience in an administrative role
- Experience with policy systems and maintenance of electronic files required
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.