Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted risk and safety advisor, offering a full spectrum of insurance products and risk management solutions to its partners in the health sector. Founded in 1987 with 52 Subscribers, today they insure over 600 healthcare organizations. As a reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and its services are continually evolving to meet the needs of a sector where change has become the norm. With their unique business model, HIROC is a differentiator in the health care insurance industry and remains as nimble and proactive today as when it was founded. HIROC’s philosophy is one of focused attention to customer service and unrelenting foresight and innovation that will enable it to meet the needs of its Subscribers both today, and tomorrow. This is where you come in.
Reporting to the Lead, Product Development, the Brokerage Claims Advocate’s primary responsibility is to liaise with Subscribers and our insurer partners to ensure that brokerage claims are addressed and handled in a timely manner. Claims advocacy will be required for various lines of coverage such as, but not limited to; Automobile, Equipment Breakdown, Cyber, Accident, Foreign Clinical Trials, Legal Expense.
- Serve as the first point of contact for brokerage claims. Obtain pertinent information from the Subscriber before submitting claims details to the respective insurer
- Monitor insurer responses to reported claims with the goal of a swift and fair resolution
- Provide advocacy for Subscribers during claims discussions and negotiations with adjusters/insurers
- Analyze claims data to help identify trends, gaps in coverage, and loss prevention/reduction strategies
- Interact closely with HIROC Account Executive and Underwriters
- Liaise with HIROC Claims, HIROC Risk Management, & Performance Excellence & Information Services
- Attend and/or present in Subscriber meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve and balance multiple priorities to ensure timelines are met
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate, show assertiveness and deal with difficult situations
Education, Training and Experience
- Completed post-secondary education and 2-5 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Direct claims experience is an asset but not required
- RIBO license or willingness to obtain an asset
- Proficient in the Microsoft office & Excel
- Enrollment in or completion of CIP/FCIP or CRM
- An enthusiastic and creative thinker, who is constantly driving performance improvement and is passionate about creating the safest health care system possible for Canadians.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.