The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700+ healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique:
partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer seven years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare analytical reports for presentation to subscribers and board members
- Issuing legal expense payments for claims files
- Manage and assign claims inquiries received from subscribers
- Update and maintain CRM system with claims contacts and provide assistance to subscribers regarding claims reporting
- Participate in inter departmental meetings related to data coding and updates
- Assist in the management of shared mailboxes in Outlook
- Complete mail assignment, claims set up, adjusting reserves, requesting indemnity payments
- Claims department scheduling for meetings, semi-annual reviews, audit reports, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High regard for quality, attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Well organized and able to meet deadlines
- Willing to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office procedures
- Strong ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in sensitive and confidential situations
- Excellent time management skills
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong computer and data-entry skills
- Enjoys a variety of work
- Ability to work and form good working relationships
Education, Training & Experience
- May be required to attend off hours functions/meetings
- Working at a computer for much of the day
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid medical exemption or a valid exemption based on enumerated grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. All internal candidates must be in compliance with HIROC's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.