The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700 healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer for six years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
The Business Systems Analyst plays a key role in HIROC’s Enterprise Applications. They gather user requirements, provide support, deliver training, perform tests, and work with vendors to deliver high-quality software solutions. The Business Systems Analyst has a strong understanding of enterprise software and is skilled at working in both new and legacy systems. They maintain broad and deep relationships with business stakeholders, enabling them to understand and anticipate the needs of HIROC’s staff and subscribers and support the end-to-end applications lifecycle to ensure those needs are consistently met or exceeded.
- Collaborate with project sponsors and stakeholders to determine project scope, objectives and deliverables and timelines.
- Gather, document, prioritize and iterate user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and document the “As Is” and develop “To Be” business solutions for application systems.
- Facilitate business buy-in and adoption of proposed software solutions.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Translate and elicit conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to business and technical stakeholders.
- Where possible, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on user requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and flowcharts to provide direction to developers and project teams.
- Create, customize, and execute SQL scripts required to perform application configuration changes.
- Participate in functional, integration and acceptance testing of software solutions to ensure functionality and performance are suitable for business needs.
- Provide business training for HIROC’s enterprise applications, including workshops, group and individual training and the development of user guides.
- Provide one-on-one assistance to business as required in resolving incidents, service and change requests pertaining to the supported application systems.
- Assist in the tracking and updating of both internal and external vendor tracking and incident systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with maintenance and administration of Enterprise Applications, such as ERP and CRM systems.
- Experience with configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems.
- •Ability to create and execute SQL scripts in support of application configuration and maintenance.
Education, Training & Experience
- To be successful in this role, you will possess a university degree in the fields of Computer Science, Engineering, or a related Business Analysis discipline.
- CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) Certification will be an asset.
- Most importantly, you are an enthusiastic and creative thinker, who is constantly driving performance improvement and are passionate about creating the safest health care system possible for Canadians.
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid medical exemption or a valid exemption based on enumerated grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. All internal candidates must be in compliance with HIROC's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.