The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700+ healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer five years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
We’re seeking an experienced creative communicator to help HIROC turn the corner on patient safety!
Join an award-winning communications and marketing team as we continue on our journey to support the organization in embracing a relentless customer focus through building innovation and agility.
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Marketing, the Brand Associate will help drive change through unique and creative visuals, impactful marketing, and digital engagement. Your deep passion for relationship building coupled with boundary-pushing original content will help us drive the brand forward.
- Conceptualize and design electronic and printed materials for all social media platforms, conferences, client events, publications, the website, intranet, and other channels, ensuring they are brand compliant and align with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with clients and the Communications and Marketing team to discuss project needs and interpret requirements from a design perspective.
- Plan production schedules and workflow for the entire design process.
- Consult with internal clients on communications materials developed specifically for clients: RM suite of publications (tools and resources), Reports – create design concepts and incorporate client feedback, presentations, etc.
- Help source suppliers and oversee the production and printing of marcom vehicles, inspecting proofs for accuracy and adherence to corporate standards.
- Develop design elements for employee events: Town Halls, anniversaries, etc.
- Work with internal stakeholders, especially leadership, on creation and refinement of presentations – ensuring consistency, dynamic appearance and brand compliance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent team player with good communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and to coordinate the creative process with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for project design and development across a wide range of mediums including: concept and story boarding, initial graphic concepts, interactive page and website layouts, and all digital and social marketing assets.
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills with attention to detail on deadlines and ensuring concepts/production plans are within estimated timelines and budgets.
- Demonstrated flexibility to change priorities as needs changes and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Education, Training & Experience
- University or College Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of InDesign, Adobe creative suite, Illustrator and Microsoft Office is required.
- Optional courses in studio art, principles of design, computerized design, commercial graphics production, printing techniques, website design, UX, writing, marketing, and business would all be an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in creating and designing multiple print collateral pieces such as guides, annual reports, magazines, brochures, banners, designing websites, e-newsletters, infographics, motion graphics, creating wire frames, understanding user interface design, creating compelling visuals for socials, applying technical skills in graphic design and experience working with external suppliers and printers is required.
- Experience in brand strategy, content marketing and digital marketing.
- Nice to have: Illustration skills, storytelling through video.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our Subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.