Account Executive – Western Region – Winnipeg Office
Permanent, full time
- University or College Education
- Has met the requirements for a Level 2 license in Manitoba and can be licensed in Western Provinces and Territories
- Insurance designation such as CAIB or CIP would be an asset
- Risk Management Designation such as CRM would be an asset
- Minimum of 3 years in a Client facing role with a focus on Commercial Liability, Professional Liability and Property Insurance
- Experience with Policy systems, invoicing and maintenance of electronic files is required
Skills and Attributed Required
Customer service oriented
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Highly developed presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in sensitive and confidential situations
- Advanced computer proficiency with special emphasis on the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Superior analytical skills
- Experience in a supervisory and training role would be an asset
- Self-motivating, enjoys challenges and problem solving
- Superior knowledge of General Insurance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to a wide range of queries from Subscribers with a particular focus on Liability insurance including medical malpractice, directors and officers, environmental and General Liability as well as Property, boiler & machinery.
- Analyze and advise on compliance with insurance and indemnity clauses in various contracts and agreements and when advisable, make recommendations for changes.
- Assist Insurance Operations and Brokerage Department with renewal and midterm processes as required, including collection of underwriting information and review/follow up.
- Conduct and coordinate Subscriber meetings and presentations at various levels in the Subscriber’s organization.
- Coordinate Subscriber service and activity when required with other departments and staff.
- Occasionally meet with vendors such as Regional Adjusters on specific claims and Insurance Representatives for onsite presentations.
- Look and follow up actively on opportunities to contact prospective new Subscribers and develop business opportunities with existing Subscribers.
- Review and assess new applications before submitting to underwriters and upon receiving terms. Gather and provide additional information as required by Underwriters.
- Develop and present a New Business Proposal or respond to an RFP.
- Accountable for Subscriber file maintenance, keeping up to date records and complete utilization of diary system.
- Policy system maintenance and document issuance including amalgamations, surveys, new Subscribers, endorsements, third party certificates, coverage, premium and account summaries, invoicing etc.
- Production of various correspondence, documents, reports, custom presentations, loss runs, account summaries, and account reconciliations as required (internal and external).
- Maintain environmental awareness of Subscriber issues and concerns, monitor trends and communicate with colleagues for ongoing awareness of Subscriber needs.
- Assist in the development and training of staff as requested.
- Work with internal resources to develop or refine processes and reports that will promote efficiency and Subscriber service.
- Participate in corporate projects and initiatives as requested and Department meetings, corporate training, performance review process and objective setting
- Participate at key conferences as required.
Hours of Work
Normal working conditions in an office setting.
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.