Account Executive (Reciprocal)
- University degree or college diploma
- Preferred candidate would have, or be working towards, industry credentials such as CIP/FCIP, CRM, RPLU, CAIB
Minimum 3 years of working experience
Skills and Attributes Required
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of employees and subscribers
- Excellent verbal, written, oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and learning skills
- Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Tools, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Duties and Responsibilities
Major job area – Client Service
- Respond orally or in writing to day-to-day queries/requests from clients regarding coverage’s for HIROC Subscribers.
- Manage policy changes include endorsements, additions of locations, changing operations, revisions of limits, etc.
- Review and provide recommendations on general contracts and agreements and liaison with CSR’s to complete appropriate third party certificates of insurance.
- Oversee production of various documents including certificates of insurance, coverage summaries and premium summaries.
- Work with Subscribers at renewal to ensure continuity of coverage. Gather appropriate underwriting data required to complete renewals.
- Provide support to Senior Underwriters and Senior Account Executives as needed (such as new business opportunities, renewals, presentations, etc.)
Major job area – Business development
- Proactively review existing subscribers’ policies and identify areas for coverage expansion to Senior Underwriters and Senior Account Executives.
- Assist Senior Underwriters and Senior Account Executives in quoting activities.
Major Job Area – Billing
- Calculate amounts to be invoiced, including premiums for new business and other charges.
- Assist CSR’s with creating invoices and check for accuracy once they are completed.
- Send invoices to clients and respond to any resulting inquiries.
- Advise Insurance Services team of any invoices that remain outstanding after 30 days.
Major Job Area – Needs analysis for clients and insurance markets
- Provide support to Senior Underwriters and Senior Account Executives on working with subscribers and outside insurers.
- Review policies and identify potential coverage gaps.
Major Job Area – Consultation with internal resources
- Consult with HIROC staff in other departments regarding various issues and special projects.
- Work with the Client Services team and provide support as needed.
- Assist in the training and development of staff
Hours of Work
Normal office environment. Working at a computer for most of the day.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.